Question
Posted by: Renee | 2009/11/17

KITTENS: Urgent Health Concerns

My cat had a litter of 3 kittens almost 4 weeks ago (26 days).

One of them, the smallest, still has one eye that won' t open. I have used a warm, clean damp cloth and gently wiped away the crusty layer that forms after which it opens and she sees fine out of it. But then it just re-seals - it' s only open a tiny bit. The other eye is perfect. What is the problem?

There is another kitten in the litter that is also concerning me. Last night I awoke to loud moaning from him, as though he was in distress/pain. I picked him up and his breathing was very fast and when I gently placed him on my hand, he just toppled over - as though he was lame. His little legs were also stretched out. After stroking him for a few moments, he seemed to calm and he started moving by himself again/seemed steadier.

This morning he seemed fine, just a little weak. He is the quietest and most relaxed out of the 3. But when I went home just now, he was lame again. PLEASE HELP!

I am so worried.

THANK YOU!

Dear Renee

Sorry for only replying now but suggest that you go to the vet if you have not been.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/30

Dear Renee

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Carol | 2009/11/17

try taking them to a vet! it sounds like a bad case of snuffles. The weaker one definately needs urgent treatment!

Reply to Carol