Posted by: Dee | 2008-11-05

Kittens and fleas

What can I do to get rid of the fleas on the kittens, they will be 4 weeks old on Friday, I tired the lemon and hot water last time around and I had no joy, I hate giving the kittens to new owners and they are full of fleas (I know they can only go at 8 weeks) but if anyone knows of something I can do please help!
Also, is it safe to use Advantage on the mother at this stage, I did use it on her when she was pregnant.

Dear Dee

Frontline spray for all of them

Posted by: george | 2008-11-09

Advantage is safe for the queen, do her every 4 weeks. I use on my breeding cats - has rub off onto kittens if fleas. do kittens with advantage at 8 weeks, and every 4 weeks. I no longer have fleas, but continue just in case. Also all incoming cats get done immendiately on arrival, if I see a flea or not.

Reply to george
Posted by: Chill | 2008-11-06

Yes, the spray is for young kitties and pups.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Dee | 2008-11-06

Thanks but are you sure I can use it on them at 4 weeks?

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Chill | 2008-11-05

Make sure it' s the frontline spray, and ask at the vet' s exactly how you apply it - do not use the frontline for adults on the kittens.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-05

Use Frontline...
I used it on my kittens and on the mom!