Posted by: MattsMom | 2013-02-07

Kitten -weeing on our bed!!

We bought a 7 week old kitten over the weekend and all had been fine, she was using her litterbox - really no problems with that at all. (also eating well)

However, in the the early hours of Wed morning she messed on our bed. And last night she peed on the duvet again (right in between my hubby and I) I''m trying to think of why she could possibley be doing this because she is fine during the day - it''s only at night?? Her litterbox is in the kitchen - could it be too far away for her? Is it because she is scared, cold or could she be jealous because I''m in the bed with hubby (she took to him straight away)

Please any advise would be appreciated.

It could be something as simple as litter box or litter aversions or the location of the box – or all three. Kittens may have trouble getting into a box with high sides or the box is too far from your room. A medical problem is also a possibility. Inflammation of the urinary tract may cause painful or frequent urination. Move the box closer to your room (perhaps in your bathroom). You can also ask your veterinarian for advice!