Kitten neutering - what age?

I picked up a stray kitten, age unknown, a few months ago. I' m guessing he' s about 5 months old now. I' ve received varied advice as to the age that is safe to neuter him. My own vet says 6 months  others say between 4 and 6 months  yet another says anytime after 7 weeks (that can' t be right?).

If I don' t know Psycho Kitty' s (yes, the name fits) exact age but the appearance of 2 little items in the nether regions is apparent,
can I go ahead? I' m afraid to wait a few more weeks because knowing him (and my luck), it will take leaving it " just that one extra day"  for him to impregnate the entire neighbourhood.

Dear Anon

Do it at 6 months.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-07-07

If he' s 5 months, you can quite safely go ahead.

They CAN ' do'  kitties as early as 7 weeks, but it' s not very common.

Good for you - you' re doing entirely the right thing.

Reply to Chill