Posted by: adrie | 2008-12-26

kitten injured

My daughter bought me a kitten for Christmas, and that same evening my adult male cat brutally attacked the kitten. I took the kitten to our local vet yesterday, who gave him 3 injections and some medication which I give him twice daily. At first I suspected a broken hind leg, but now it seems the kitten is lame in his hind. Could this be due to a nerve problem, or is it necessary to take the kitten back to the vet to have this checked out. He cant use his sand box due to the lameness, although he eats and drinks regularly. I' ve grown fond of this kitten and need an experts advice on what to do. I would hate to have this kitten put down.

Dear Adrie

This time of year I get a lot of questions that are impossible to answer because most clinics are closed. This is one of them.

Posted by: Chill | 2008-12-27

Of course he needs to go back to the vet - his spine may be damaged. Don' t wait till after the weekend!

Reply to Chill