Question
Posted by: A | 2009-12-04

Kitten - Fleas

We got a new kitten and he has come with fleas. I have tried the powder but it does not seem to be very helpful. Can we bath the kitten (yes I know they have claws :) ). What else can we use, we have opther animals and I really don' t want the buggers to spread.

Dear A

Frontline or Revolution.

4
Posted by: felicity | 2009-12-13

Capstar is safe for use from 4 weeks of age and should be use in conjunction with eithe Frontline(8 weeks of age),Fiprotec (12 weeks of age), Revoluiton (6 weeks of age) along with either Ultrum Duration/Flego for carpets or bedding, Please remember to keep the cat out od the room you are doing carpets as it is not safe for cats,fish or bees.Advantage is safe for use from 7 weeks of age but has no tick coverage so if your kitten is allowed out into garden already I would not take a chance

Reply to felicity
Posted by: Jane | 2009-12-11

I also use Advantage - great against fleas, and can be used on kittens - use monthly until you have 3 months with not a single flea on your cat.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009-12-08

Dear A

Frontline or Revolution.

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: anon | 2009-12-07

i use advantage on mine and it works in getting them off the kitten.

as you may know, Fleas have a cycle that requires you to treat regulaly because even though you can kill the adult fleas easily, the lavae and eggs are immune.

The little buggers have probably already dropped eggs everywhere so you going to have to treat all the animals regulaly as well as carpets and couches if they are inside dogs.

You can bath a cat but you must start now while they are kittens to get them used to it. Good Luck

Reply to anon