Posted by: Kim | 2008-12-11

Kitten eats moths and bugs

I have a 12 week old kitten. Every little insect he catches he plays with until it is dead and then he eats it i.e moths, Xmas beetles, etc.
Is this normal.

Dear Kim

Posted by: Carol | 2008-12-11

Quite normal ..

I have a new brat (5 week old orphan) and he catches and eats everything..I try not to let him eat his " toys"  tho as they tend to upset his tummy.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: SS | 2008-12-11

eewwww Mandy!

I don' t think I' d be able to stomach having to clean that up! lol

Reply to SS
Posted by: SS | 2008-12-11

My almost 3 yr old pavement pedigree is also keen on hunting and brings her prey indoors to " finish them off" .

She' s brought lizards, dragon flies, those huge -|- raoaches, beetle type of bugs, etc... She' s not keen on eating them, I usually will stumble upon their splitted remains scattered around the house! (think maybe I' d prefer if she ate them, at least I won' t feel yucky having to toss out the remains of her prey!

Reply to SS
Posted by: Mandi | 2008-12-11

You guys are lucky  on Monday morning I walked into the kitchen to find pieces of rat EVERYWHERE! On the floor, counter and table. And when I cleaned it up, I realized it was still warm! Not a good way to start the week.

And when she catches something small like a beetle, she runs up to me all excited and eats in front of me...crunch...crunch... Aaahhh, the joys....

Reply to Mandi
Posted by: Natasha | 2008-12-11

My kitten does that too, and then when he is finished, he brings me the bugs remains, like he is bringing me the most valuable gift. He doesn' t leave unitl I give him a hug and tell him what a good little Hunter he is.
Luckily he is and indoor cat, so won' t be bringing me bird presents !!!

Reply to Natasha
Posted by: E.S. | 2008-12-11

That is what he would have lived of if he was wild.

Reply to E.S.