Question
Posted by: Wife | 2008/07/16

Kitchen control freak

Dear CyberShrink,

I'm struggling to allow my husband to help in the kitchen. It is very selfish of me and I would like your advise on how to change this. When I'm tired and just aiming to finish up, I'll rather just do everything myself so I know all is in place when I wake up the next morning. He offers to help so I know I should let him, I just don't know how to let go. I know I shouldn't link kitchen cleanliness to my mood but it is linked. Because I push myself to hard I get irritated so I spoil our time together instead of enjoying it. We have been married for 10 years and are such a happy couple, however I know I'm frustrating him in this regard.

Maybe you have a rather obsessive-compulsive / controlf reak personality. Is it only ion the kitchen that you are excessively concerned about everything being in a specific place ? Why not see a marriage counsellor together to try to sort this out ? Or maybe a personal CBT counsellor for you, as a start

2
Posted by: Leez | 2008/07/16

Ooh you sound exactly like me. On my leave days, what do I do? Turn out my home....!

Reply to Leez
Posted by: SR | 2008/07/16

Just let go and let him have his way in the kitchen

Reply to SR