Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2008/11/06

KILOJULES

I am 42 years old &  would like to find out how many kilojules I may consume per day. I need to lose about 10kg

Dear Sharon
Adult women need to reduce their kJ intake to approx. 6300 kJ/day to lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).