Question
Posted by: Fay | 2011-09-19

Kilojoules

Hi Doc. I am a 33 years old. Height 150 and I weight 51kg. I would like to lose some weight so I am trying to eat healthier and exercise a bit more. Dont have much time for this though as I work full time, study part time and have two very busy little kids. I have tried to cut down on bread and rice and try to use a skipping rope whenever I get a chance. What I would like to know though is for my height/weight, what amount of KILOJOULES am I allowed per day. Calories and kilojoules really confuse me. Please help!

Dear Fay
Seeing that your present BMI = 22,7, which is very close to the ideal of 22, I don't think you really need to lose any more weight. For an ideal BMI of 22, you would need to only lose 1 kg! This you can do by using that skipping rope to skip whenever you get a chance in your busy schedule. To answer your question: 1 kilocalorie = approx. 4.2 kilojoules, so 100 kcal = 420 kJ. Adult women who do not need to lose weight (as in your case), require about 2000 kcal or 8400 kJ per day to maintain their energy levels and be able to work full time, study part time, look after a household and 2 busy little kids and still do 30 min of skipping per day.
Good luck with your busy life.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-09-19

Dear Fay
Good luck with your busy life.