Posted by: Thobile | 2010-10-01

I have a 3 year old daughter who played naughty games with other kids at preschool they were putting/ forcing hands on my daughters virgin. I was concerned with such things especially rape so I occassionally checked my daughter whener I have bathed her so I knew the size of the varginal opening this time it looks biggerthan it was. I am concerned has she lost her virnity?There was no blood in her underwear.

You could take her to a doctor to check.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-10-05

Posted by: LOLO | 2010-10-01

i have 5 year old and at 3 she was asking lot of questions about virgina, i told her many times so that she can programme it that virgina is dont touch and therefore never let anyone to touch it, if someone touches you tell me or let your teacher know else tell them you''ll report them to the police.

i like the fact that she grew brave from that and she doesnt play with it or let anyone do that.

is time we teach our children to protect themselves since we dont spent 100% of time with them.

Reply to LOLO
Posted by: Purple | 2010-10-01

Virginity is not a physical thing - it is a concept. She will only lose her virginity when she has sex for the first time.

If the children were exploring in this way (which is pretty normla for 3 year olds, though it is concerning that the staff were not watching them well enough to put a stop to it before it got that far), then obviously it is going to be red and irritated and sore. As the vagina is stretchy and flexible, the size is not going to be changed by this, as even if it stretches to accommodate something, it well shrink back again.

Blood indicates whether the hymen has been broken or not and whether there was maybe a cut on the vagina or something like that. Remember that some girls are born without a hymen so even when they lose their virginity (have sex for the first time) they won''t bleed, and some girls hymens are broken by climbing on jungle gyms, up trees, horse riding, bicycle riding, gymnastics and so on (all quite normal activities for childhood) and some girls have such tough hymens that they need to be cut by a gynaecologist in order for them to be able to have sex, where as other girls have such flexible hymens that just move out of the way that even when they have had sex many, many times, they still have an intact hymen.

The games your child is playing are not naughty, they are quite normal, but you need to speak to the pre-school about how the children were left unattended for so long that children were putting their hands into your daughters vagina - usually when the children start showing off their underwear the teachers distract them to other activities or tell them its not polite to do that.

Reply to Purple