Question
Posted by: Rachel | 2012-06-28

Kids dating- parents dating

Hi, my daughter of 17 is going out with a guy for a year now, they broke up last week because of some issue they had, and I am dating the guys father for the last 8 months, we use to do things together, visiting, weekends away and all fun stuff...what now how are we going to get past the kids not dating anymore, any suggestions from guys that has been in the same situation...I cant leave my daughter at home when I visit..some advise would really be appreciated. tks

You don't mention the ages involved, but this sounds like either a TV soapie or behaviour thought to be typical of the poor folks of the American Southern States. You are dating the father of your daughter's boyfriend ?
Now you feel there's a problem because your daughter has broken up with his son - why ? Was their relationship the basis for yours ? WHy can't you leave your daughter at home at the age of 17 ? Is your home so dangerous ? Do you really need his son to take care of your daughter while you go out with the father ? Is that a form of babysitting ?
I wonder if there are any other guys here who have been in the same situation, outside of a sitcom.

4
Posted by: Linda | 2012-06-29

I think Cybershrink is right. Something isn''t right there

Reply to Linda
Posted by: XXX | 2012-06-28

I suppose that this can happen,although somewhat rare.There should be no need to leave your daughter behind OR leaving her at home if you wish (she is 17).
I think " cybershrink"  is being a bit harsh here but your situation is rather unusual.
If you are going to continue in this relationship,you need to find a way to include the kids

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Mrs Brown | 2012-06-28

Are you now being serious?sjoe

Reply to Mrs Brown