Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2011/02/09

Kids and Toothbrushes

Hi CyberDoc,

I have 2 kids, one goes to school and the other one is 7 months old and stays with the nanny while I work a full day job. Yesterday my hubby caught the nanny in the bathroom busy brushing her teeth with my elder daughter''s toothbrush. What kind of diseases can my daughter be subjected to becuase of this action. What do you suggest in terms of taking the kids for testing and that.

Hallo Sandy
Certain germs can be transmitted via a toothbrush like mouth bacteria, Hepatitis,TB, and HIV (although just if used directly after the infected person as the HIV virus is very sensitive to drying out)I don't think you need to take her for any tests if your nanny does not suffer from any known diseases, but replace the toothbrush immediately.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: Kelly | 2011/02/10

Hope you got rid of the nanny.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Kelly | 2011/02/10

Hope you got rid of the nanny.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/09

Hallo Sandy
dr Bets