Posted by: PK | 2010-12-03

Hi doc, First off all i never had UTI or any kidney problems in my life, im 26 now, im regularly in the gym and recently started a high protein diet becasue im trying to build that good body, the last week my lower back about 2-3cm for my (Steaky) has been a little sore, it doesnt go around my waist and my urine doesnt burn or isnt sore and my pee is white, i take about 3-4 litres of water a day and multivits.. Ive been feeling a bit tired and restless from my waist down but its starting to get much better, i still go to the gym and find that the pain subsides but get a bit stiff afterword and the next morning untill around midday and i start feeling better,something tells me it just a muscle or nerve, but want to check, i did go for blood tests a month ago just to check i do it yearly, my kidneys was slightly evelvated for 5 to about 6 and kreatinine was 116 and should be 115 i do use some energy booster before gym wich contains creatine but thats all i get in, the docted said the elevated levels are from the high protein wich the kidneys prolly leeches a bit.. im doing a keto diet now started 1 day ago at the moment and feel good and energised better than last week when i was a bit tired prolly due to the low carbs that i consume. i will be doing this for about 2 weeks then slowly add carbs back into my foods. do i need to get my kidneys tested again ? i eat hight protein foods TDS and also protein Shake TDS so its 6 high protein meals around 200grams a day 110 gram fats and 10 gram carbs it really helping with the 10kg i want to burn to be on my exact BMI and to get a nice six pack but dont want to look good but dont be healthy. can i boost my kidneys with some cranberry extract or get blood work done ? thanks. sorry for the long message

If you want to keep your kidneys healthy, continue to consume a lot of water and cut back on the high protein diet. Cranberry prevents UTI's and will not improve your kidney function.