Question
Posted by: Prem Nadam | 2011/12/19

Kidney transplant

My adult daughter had one kidney removed a year ago.She is now on twice a week dialysis.As was the case with the first one, the ureter has sealed itself. We have been exploring options for her. Our last option is a transplant with her mother as the donor. Recently a friend, who is a retired nurse, has said that. in this situation with the first kidney having been previously removed, the odds of a successful transplant are less than 2%. Is she correct?
Thank You for your help.
Love Prem1

Prem

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the odds and I suggest that you consult her nephrologist.

Good luck.