Question
Posted by: Jacs | 2009/11/26

Kidney stones

I went into hospital in August with kidney stones and they put a stent in and then i went back to hospital a week later to have it removed and they found 3 more stones which the blasted and then removed the stent - when i woke up i was more pain than ever and they did more scans and found i have a blood clot from the blasting of the stones, so they toook me into theatre again and put another stent in - i returned 2 weeks later and the removed the stent and i was told everything was clear. The next day i went to the toilet and saw i had urinated what looked like the blood clot, so i used the cup they gave me in hospital to see i could catch anything and i caught a stone the following day which i gave to my doctor for testing. I was told a week ago that my stone contains calcium oxalate and phosphorus - i have no idea what that means and last night i' ve started getting this dul ache in my kidney side - it gets very upset if i stretch in a certain way - is this normal and what does it mean to have calcium oxalate and phosphorus in my stone? Please help?

Hi Jacs
See this article on the kinds of stones - calcium oxalate are the most common kind
http://www.health24.com/medical/Diseases_A_to_Z/777-4198,11852.asp
If the pain in your side persists please see your doctor - it is quite common to get infection in the kidney after you had stones and it may be safer to test they urine to exclude this.
dR Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/26

Hi Jacs
dR Bets

Reply to cyberdoc