Posted by: Nineathena | 2012-07-26

Kidney Stone - Will it pass by itself?

I was rushed to the ER on Tuesday with probably the most severe pain I''ve ever had. (Crying, pleading for pain meds and without shoes. Still cringing.....)

After the (contrast) CT scan it showed a 4mm kidney stone. Report said it''s close to the bladder wall. (Also showed a few ovarian cysts, biggest 2cm, but that shouldn''t be symptomatic?)

They let me go (the excruciating pain was gone, so it should''ve passed the urethra?).
Went back to the doc yesterday. I still feel uncomfortable, slightly nauseous with twinges of pain and a sore groin area. Got another drip, intravenous Buscopan Co and a script for Urispas and pain meds.

Today I''m still nauseous and starting to get very slight flank pain again.

I''m absolutely petrified it''s another stone, or that the other one won''t pass.

Should I just give it time? And keep up with the liters and liters of water? I don''t want to phone the doc and seem paranoid.

Thanks for the answer in advance!!

You should still give it more time and strain your urine through pantihose, in order to collect the stone. The collected stone should be send to a pathology lab to determine what type of stone it is.

Posted by: chris | 2012-07-26

I had kidney stones, and there is only one way, go and see a urologist, let him/her remove it. What I drank was carrot juice it brake the stone and then it will come out easyly(sorry for any spelling I am Afrikaans.)

Reply to chris