Posted by: Cat | 2009-08-21

Kidney Infection!

I had my first kidney infection two years ago and then the 2nd one, which cleared up 3 weeks ago. I now have it again.

I am going back to the doc to get more antibiotics, but I don' t understand (and the doctor can' t really expalin, just says that some people are prone to it) why I have another infection after only 3 weeks.

Please help ... I actually can' t take this pain anymore.

This needs further investigation and I strongly suggest that you make an appointment with a urologist. You will need to have ultrasound of your kidneys and bladder, as well as a BAP (special x-rays of the urinary tract system) or a spiral CT of the abdomen. This will rule out any structural abnormalities, causing the recurrent infections.