Question
Posted by: Varsha Devanrian | 2010/09/29

Kidney failure and fat need to loose weight

I am suffering from high blood pressure and have loss of kidney function. gained alot of wieght please help with a suitable diet

Dear Varsha
Because you are suffering from two highly dangerous conditions, namely high blood pressure and loss of kidney function, I would urge you to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work with your physician to provide you with the correct diet balancing nutrients such as protein, potassium, sodium, etc to help control the hypertension and not overburden your kidneys. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet, because you need a very special individual diet prescription.
So please contact a dietitian in your area ASAP.

1

Dear Varsha