Posted by: Sj | 2012-01-27

Kidney and back pain

Afternoon Doc

I would like to find out i have contstant kidney pain that gives me realy bad back pain.

I have been for tests (kidney infection, bladder) x rays and have even gone under so that they can do an internal exam of my tubes.

They always find nothing, and yet i still live in pain. I feel like i am going mad!!! i struggle to walk sometimes from the pain and am in trun living on pain killers.

My joints swell badly esp after a warm bath sometimes my ankles are so swollen after a bath that i cant walk on them it is too painfull. I stay tired with no energy during the day. I get nauseous from it and some days dont have an appitie. i am really at my wits end and today it is worse than normal but i dont want to make another wasted trip to the doctor for tests that just show nothing, i dont have medical aid at the moment.

Doc any help or ideas that you might have would be much appreciated i am starting to feel realy depressed and lost at the moment cos i havnt felt like myself in over 2 years now. (this started when i was preggies and my baba will be 2 years in april)

I am uncertain about the cause for your chronic pain, especially after all the tests that you have undergone with no answers. I can only suggest that you ask your doctor for a referral to a pain clinic. You will be attended to by a doctor who specialises in the management of chronic pain. I trust that the specialist will be successful in treating your pain.

I further suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for an examination, gastroscopy, colonoscopy and blood tests and possibly an abdominal CT scan.