Posted by: Chantall | 2012-03-27

Hi Doc,

I hope i''m in the right section.
I recently went for a CT scan and the doctors discovered I only have one kindey.
Now, i''ve started with an exercise program whereby I was suggested to use USN 100% Whey protein shake for best results.

This product is high in protein and I was told that its not good especially if one only has one kidney.
The directions for use that was recommended to me was 1 scoop with 150ml of water, once a day RIGHT after exercise, instead of 2scoops with 300ml''s of water 2times a day.

Will this be safe for me if I was to use it as recommended with the 1st option, or should i stay away from this product completely? And is there anyting else I could use that is safer?

I do not foresee any problems in using this product. The proteins taken in will be digested by the body and should not clogg up your kidney. Please stay away from creatine supplements.