Question
Posted by: In pain | 2010-11-30

Kidney

I found out a couple of f years ago that I have two uteres coming out of one kidney. The problem is that one goes into the kidney and the other....I don''t know, but it seems like it has no function cause it just stops. I''ve been looking this situation up on the internet, and in all the cases I read both uteres goes into the kidney, but not mine.
At time I get sever pain in my left side and back- it come and goes. Going to the toilet can be a nightmare at times as well. I cannot hold urine to save my life, so much so that one day I had no control over my bladder that I wet myself at work. I could not move from my chair, because it just flowed every time I moved- it just flowed. THe last few days I''ve had lots of pain again, I try to treat it myself, by flushing the kidney with lots of water and Citro-soda. THis time the pain just will not stop.
I am tired all the time, my feet is sore and some times swollen, I don''t vomit, but I alway feel nauseas.
Could I be in trouble? Could the second utere be making me sick?

Hallo In Pain
People with any anatomical abnormality of the urinary tract are usually more prone to urinary tract infections, and your symptoms sound like a UTI. You maybe need to see an urologist, especially if this happens more than 3 times a year as in the long term this can lead to severe kidney damage. The extra urether could be a source of urine stagnating and causing bacterial growth and infection.