Question
Posted by: brad | 2008/12/19

kidney

During a routne examination my friend has been informed that ultra sound shows that both his kidneys are joined togther medically known as horseshoe kidney. He has been told that it is avery rare case. I would like to know is this abnormality serious and if yes what is the remedy? what precautions are needed?will it affect his normal life? pl reply I am worried. Thanks

Dear Brad

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation of horseshoe kidneys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_kidneys

Kind regards