Question
Posted by: lynne | 2011-06-28

kiddies lunchboxes

I would like help with a lunchbox plan for a 2 week variety menu?

Dear Lynne
I have written a number of articles on lunch boxes and child nutrition and would recommend that you read the articles on 'Diets for schoolchildren' and 'Healthy lunch boxes' which you can access by clicking on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and check out the articles on child nutrition.

3
Posted by: lynne | 2011-06-29

Great, thank you so much for the help,

Reply to lynne
Posted by: Lee | 2011-06-28

I can''t work out plan for you but here are some ideas.
Expose your kids to different kinds of carbs otherwise they think that they always have to eat bread to feel satisfied and bread in SA has got a bad wrap recently.
If they don''t mind cold pasta give them a pasta salad with cherry tomatoes and mini mince balls, ham or viennas cut up.
Carrot and cucumber sticks.
Add nuts and dried fruit in their boxes, especially if you find that they never finish an apple or banana.
Raisins and peanuts.
Make fruit salad out of three fruits and pur a little orange juice to prevent it going brown.
Ginger, peanut butter or wholesome oat biscuits which you make on a Saturday with their help.
Cheese and provita.
Popcorn or corn chips (oven baked) or pretzels are better than chips.
I find that a variety of things (usually 3 things) pleases my children more than 3 same sandwiches.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-06-28

Dear Lynne