Posted by: Worried | 2009-11-27

KG gain

I have been exercising and eating well since February this year and have lost 22KG to date. I am 1.65 and currently weight 76. I get weighted and measured once a month. I weighted myself yesterday and I gain 800gram. Could this be muscle again? My diet hasn' t really changed so I don' t think that I could have again weight from eating incorrectly. I have up-ed by cardio - instead of doing 2 cardio session a week I am doing 3 -4 session for the week, with one day spend on weight training - 45min arms en one day on legs exercises.

800 grams is nothing to worry about. in fact, it's what I would call irrelevant. You could have had a glass of water more than when you normally weigh yourself, and maybe the scale didn't quite calibrate, or you're wearing clothes that weight a few hundred grams more. You can't read anything into 800grams. I'd put it down as a bad day and not worry about it at all. If you see a trend when you keep gaining weight, then act on it. But given that you've lost 22kg, what's 800grams?

The fact that your weight hasn't gone down means you may have reached something of a plateau in weight loss, which is not a huge surprise, it happens to everyone. Common causes include diet, so you have to be careful there, but also look at your exercise intensity, you might want to try to increase the intensity a little even if it is once a week.

Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll be fine!