Question
Posted by: kv | 2009/11/17

Ketek 400mg - interaction with the pill

Hi there. I am a 25 year old woman. I have been taking Ketek 400mg since thursday for an ear infection. Last night was my last dose. I am also on the mercilon contraceptive pill. I know that I am supposed to use backup contraceptive methods when taking antibiotics, but does this principle also apply to Ketek? I am asking this because i had " unprotected"  sex yesterday. I am still taking my pill though. I have two more active pills in my pack. Should i worry about pregnancy? Should i still take my inactive pills or just start a new pack? Thanks.

Hallo KV
Ketek can influence the effectivity of your pill, but if you are at the end of the cycle of active tablets it is unlikely that you will fall pregnant, especially if you did not take antibiotics today. I think you can continue with the current packet.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/17

Hallo KV

Reply to cyberdoc