Posted by: BB | 2009-01-14

Keratosis Pilaris Soap

I came across a soap sold online that claims (and is supported by anecdotal evidence) to treat Keratosis Pilaris. I have it all over my arms, forearms, abdomen, chest, back, thighs:(

It is a 10% sulphur soap with 3% salicylic acid. Is there anywhere locally that I can buy this, can a pharmacy make this for me?

Would I need a prescription?

Please help as these red bumps are very gross.

Expert ImagePharmacist

A pharmacy would be able to manyfacture this as a liquid soap. Try one of the smaller, tradiitional pharmacies as the bigger ones will probably be too busy to bother.

I would however suggest seeing a dermatologist first - This mixture is very strong and I'd advise getting a professional opinion first.