Posted by: AJW | 2009-09-05

Keratosis Pilaris &  Disprin

I read an earlier reply of yours (from 2004) mentioning a home remedy of mixing disprin (beta-hydroxy salicylic acid) with aqueous cream.

I have a 500ml tub of aqueuous cream and 300mg Disprin tablets:

1.) How many tablets should I crush and mix in the cream for it to work?

2.) As Keratosis pilaris is a lifelong condition, Can I use this Disprin+aqueous cream lifelong?

3.) Is the Disprin absorbed into my system?

4.) The cream mix has a bit of an unpleasant odor, can I just apply and leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse it off in the shower, instead of having it on the whole day? Especially now that it' s summer, I sweat and its unpleasant and sticky.

Thank you Doctor.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this mixture. You can however, post your question on Monday again, as Dr Bets Breedt might know the recipe.

In the interim, refer to the following link: