Question
Posted by: Alex | 2008-12-10

Kennels  tips from readers

I need to leave my dogs at the kennels this holiday and was wondering what exactly I have to look out for?

- Safety of animals, ie, the risk of them escaping, contact with other dogs.
- Feeding
- What happens if they get ill?
- Reliable contact with the caretakers
- Exercise/walks

Is there anything I have left out that I should be asking before I book my dogs in?

Dear Alex

How much they charge.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008-12-10

I suspect you may have a problem if you' ve left it to now to make a booking....

I hope their vaccinations are valid, including kennel cough.

You will need to provide details of your vet, together with permission to call the vet in need, at your expense.

In my experience, the SPCA boarding facilites, where they exist, are excellent - they do understand dogs!

Reply to Chill