Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010/07/20

Kennel stress

I need to put my cat and dog into kennels for about 2 weeks. I am very distressed for the cat as she is 15 and very nervous. The kennels I use are excellent but the cat always comes back thin and very stressed. Is it possible to give the cat a sedative while she is there so the stress levels are not that high?

Hi Lee

I think that you probably need a) to change the cattery or b) get a house sitter in for the 2 weeks or c) try using a product called Feliway -this can be obtained from Vet Shops and Veterinary Practices. You should try the product 1st at home.

3
Posted by: jane | 2010/07/22

Old kitty - if you are in Pretoria area - get hold of the Onderstepoort Vet Students - I have had astudent house sit for the last 5 years - old cats - m last one now is over 19, and have 2 kittens - this student has been great. Had to change students this year, found the next to hopefully house sit for the next 5 years.

Reply to jane
Posted by: ANon | 2010/07/20

WHy don''t you try Rescue Remedy?

Reply to ANon
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/20

Hi Lee

Reply to CyberVet