Posted by: Shaan | 2009-09-21

i am very prone to keloids. I cannot get a mosquito bite cos thats what its going to turn into. I had a hysterectomy and the entire area has turned into a keloid. I have tried steroid injections but it was the most painful experience ever. I use an anaesthetic cream but that gives me no relief. I was advised by the Dermatologist that if i had to cut it out, it will grow back twice as worse. I cannot dress as i want to cos people stare wierdly at it. over the past 16 years they have grown drastically. The heat or the aircon makes it hurt. Is there anything i can use for some sort of relief. This is really giving me sleepless nights, cos i have to sleep on the shoulder that has it in order to put pressure on it.
Please help me!!!

Hallo Shaan
I wonder if you should not try to get a second opinion from a plastic surgeon - there are newer medications available like laser therapy and interferon that may be possible options.
Dr Betd