Question
Posted by: mowzy | 2009-06-22

kel6

Good Day Diet doc

thanks for always answering and giving great advise. I am 27, 1.58m and weight about 90kgs. I need to lose 30kgs. If I eat all bran for breakfast - A protein and veg for Lunch-A proteing and veg for supper- either a cuppa soup or yoghurt as a mid morning and afternoon snack will i lose weight? I have started going to gym 4 times a week and will be doing aerobics classes and some weights now and then. I am also taking relislim together with KEL 6 and drinking a herbal tea mornings and evenings. Will it work to lose the desired weight? I am tired of being over weight. you lose respect for self and others dont respect you either. I hate it.

Dear Mowzy
Thank you for your kind words - they make my day. Your present BMI = 36 which is very high. It would be ideal to lose those 30 kg because this would give you a normal BMI of 24 and immediately make you feel 100% more confident. To lose weight you need to reduce your energy intake which you should achieve if you eat low-fat proteins and moderate portions. You also need to increase your energy output by doing that regular exercise, daily if possible, for at least 30-60 min. Increase how much you exercise as you lose weight and get more mobile. I am personally not in favour of herbal and over-the-counter slimming products because they can so easily cause negative side-effects. Be careful of the herbal tea because such products often contain harsh laxatives and diuretics which may disrupt your normal bowel movements and/or cause dehydration and electrolyte losses. Keep in mind that losing mass by losing water is not losing any fat.
In the final analysis it will be your diet and the exercise and your determination to lose weight that will do the trick.