Posted by: me | 2009-04-28

keep loosing weight

good day doc, im 24 years old and weiht 65kg and im 1.47m tall. i was wondering... i' ve been in the holiday mood since Desember and have not watched what i' ve been eating and ever since just ate what ever i want when i want. with the occasional gym session here end there. but i' m not gaining any weihgt. will it catch on to me? i' ve even dropped a few kilo' s. could it be that i might be sick or something? please help?

Dear Me
Are you sure that your height is 1.47 and not 1.74 m??? because if you are only 1.47 m tall, your present BMI would be 30,1 which is in the obese range. If you are 1.74 m tall then your BMI = 21,4 which is still within the normal range. If you have been skipping meals then it is possible that your energy intake has been insufficient to sustain normal weight. However, partially unexplained weightloss is always a cause for concern, and I would recommend that you have a medical examination just to make sure that you are not ill.