Question
Posted by: anon | 2010-06-14

Karl Lagerfeld

Karl Lagerfeld: you''ve hit a raw note - rather a huge discord.

" only fat women hate skinny models"  this is not his first abusive comment,

rather his latest contribution''.

Begs the question: surely if fat ladies got together we could charge him in any democratic court with " Deformation of character/s" ? Translate his millions for abuse to millions to set up centres for abused women - and for the logo? A fat lady ... in a tutu - looking just great!

The tragedy? The ball starts with him .... but finally stops with us: The public - we somehow ''accept'' the unacceptable ... and magazine sales

confirm my frustration.

i''m not a feminist - in the fist punching front line sense (promise)

I agree with you, and wonder whether your proposed remedy would work. More likely, its just another sad grab for publicity by a fading star.He's good at selling his stff, but I wonder who would ever condsider Lagerfeld as an expert on women ? Just because he isn't skilled enough, perhaps, to design clothes that would look good on real women....
And its not as though he's a leghendary beauty himself.
Hmm, a fat lady in a tutu ? Would Bish like to let his inner FL out, one wonders ... Afyer all, he is often seen wearing those long Anglican dresses ?
I am actually the founder, decades back, of the Fat Liberation Front ( FLUFF for short ) which, of course, had a really LARGE membership.

3
Posted by: jj | 2010-06-14

That''s his issue... those who hold your anger control your life.
He has a very narrow point of view.
Feel sorry for him.
and besides, fat women outnumber skinny women .
and besides, we all human beings  -)

Reply to jj
Posted by: I agree | 2010-06-14

Karl Lagerfeld should be hung, drawn and quartered and made to eat his own testicles in public ala Braveheart. I understand some of what you see in his vitriol. My 6 year old daughter as lithe and skinny as she is, has already asked me whether she is too fat. I remember –  at Kenilworth Clinic being asked by a girl who wore her clothes like a coat rack whether I thought her skin might absorb the oil in her handcream. I remember those banned from doing exercise frantically doing push ups in the bathroom while the shower was running. Early morning urine tests, ketones, shock treatment… 

Reply to I agree