Question
Posted by: Hanelie Claassens | 2011/01/06

karkatjie

how do you cure a karkatjie

Hallo Hannelie
It is caused by an infection of the sebaceous glands at the base of the eyelashes. Application of a warm washcloth to the sty for 10 minutes, four to six times a day, can speed rupture of the sty that will bring relief of symptoms. A sty should never be pressed or squeezed, since this can spread and worsen the infection. If a sty persists for several days, your doctor may need to drain the infection under local anesthesia. You can use oral antibiotics for repeated or multiple styes.

6
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/01

I have a karkatjie and went to eersteriver hospital where I was helped very good. The sister in observation room was accurate and professional, even the lady who gives my file. I was send to the eye department where the sister in charge look at me and have a lot to say bout a "karkatjie". My right eye is swollen and sore. I'm seeing the eye specialist today at eersteriver hospital. Some people just have the job for the money not because its they passion or they love working with people.

Posted by: Marius Dreyer | 2014/01/08

What is the Medical name for this condition?

Reply to Marius Dreyer
Posted by: Piet Terblanche | 2013/11/20

What is a karkatjie in English?

Reply to Piet Terblanche | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/02

An eye Sty.

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/06

Hallo Hannelie