Question
Posted by: Nolan | 2012-01-16

K

Good day

I am climbing Kilimanjaro in 2 weeks and would just like to find out something regarding the meds. I need to take Mefliam for the malaria, Diamox for altitude sickness, some mild sleeping tablets at night, dispirin for headaches due to altitude and supplements and for energy boosts. Are all the meds not overload? Please advise, thank you.

Expert ImageTravel expert

Dear Nolan,

You have been ill advised, mefliam should not be used on Kili due to confusion that could arise from S/E and symptoms of Altitude sickness, Malananil or Dowxcycline are the alternatives, Diamox for prevention of altitude sickness at dose of 125mgs 2x daily with second dose at 3pm so you dont pee in the frozen night air, The German Travel Clinics are using Viagra for same effect. I have given it to asthmatic who conquered Kili and he found it only worked at 50mgs or higher! Go slow and enjoy!

Regards, Pete

1
Posted by: Travel expert | 2012-01-24

Dear Nolan,

Regards, Pete

Reply to Travel expert