Question
Posted by: amie | 2011/09/07

juviderm

Hi doc I had juviderm to disguise my eyebags and it went really well. However after the swelling came down my left eye needs more filler, I phoned my dermatologist who said he will hav to chrge me for another syringe or I can wait till he gets free samples to touch me up. What should I do I already paid 2500r but it looks odd.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Amie, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer but typically all doctors charge per vial or syringe of filler used. I also believe that this is a good example that all patients need to discuss the possibility of further treatments in the same area if one filler is not enough. We typically reduce the fee for a second filler in the same area and it may be worth making another consultation with your dermatologist.

If he or she promised you that one would be enough then it is a good idea for them to have a look at the end result. If they did not make this promise then one could bring up that Juvederm make a smaller size filler (Juvederm Smile 0 55ml) which may be less than the R 2,500.00.

I am sorry that you are in this predicament but the only solution is to have the other side treated.

3
Posted by: Amber | 2011/10/18

Good job making it apepar easy.

Reply to Amber
Posted by: gina | 2011/09/16

I had a similar experience when i visited the tina scholtz spa in potchefstroom. i had filler injected to erase the lines from my nose to corner of my mouth but i made no differance at all. I think one must be very carefull regarding the doctor you consult because clearly not all docters can inject fillers.

Reply to gina
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/09/11

Hi Amie, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert