Posted by: ANOUNI | 2009-02-17

Jusy checkin

i am wrong if i think my bf is useless ,he is working ,always does not have money ,never bought me a birthday pressie,valentine pressi ,nothing ,he will never even give me money to do my nails,hair nothing,im working ,i afford myself but what kind of a man is this ?im not a gold digger but im just wondering ,why are there women out there who have partners that do these things for them ,while he cant even buy me a pie,?

YOu are both working. How much have you bought for him ? Seriously --- do you get him birthday and Valentine's presents ( Valetine's day is not a man give stuff to women day ) ? DO you
And why do you see the relationship apparently mainly in terms of being given stuff. It is very old-fashioned for a woman to expect a man to get her gifts all the time. Do you give him money to do his nails or hair ? Do you buy him a pie ? You seem to want to be more than equal to a man.

Posted by: CS Fan | 2009-02-17

Hey guys, back off CS. He' s very helpful and insightful. But I as a red blooded MAN, I just live to spoil my gal. That is what you gals are put on earth for is to be spoiled. I don' t just mean in the material sense, but doing the small things, rubbing feet and massaging the neck. Bringing a blanket when you think she is cold sitting curled up in front of the TV, making a cup of cocoa, washing the dishes, cooking meals, breakfast in bed over weekends, carrying her parcels. Yes girls , I' m serious, we do exist and we are out there. We usually end up with some ungrateful bitch who in spite of all of this, reckons we are boring and buggers off either to explore herself or gets hitched to a useless scumbag who treats her like shit. Can you beat that ???

Reply to CS Fan
Posted by: Me! | 2009-02-17

Buy yourself a pie and stop blaming CS for your useless boyfriend.

Reply to Me!
Posted by: girlfriend | 2009-02-17

my point exactly! and CS is too quick to defend the male species!!! We all need men who go the extra mile to please us once in a while, i am glad i' m not the only one that feels this way! Actually CS is used to sick people, to an extend that even when you ask a genuine question - he will bite your head off!

Reply to girlfriend
Posted by: sincere | 2009-02-17

What is more important is if he has respect for you and is a decent man. A man can buy you all the gifts in the world and not really love you. Showing love is not about buying gifts. It' s so much deeper than that. Besides gifts and that kinda thing are more what people do in the beginning of the relationship to try and impress each other. When you' ve settled into a more meaningful loving relationship all that putting your best foot forward stuff falls away, and the real person shines through. Focus on the underlying personality beneath the spotlights if you' re looking for a genuine life partner

Reply to sincere
Posted by: Fem | 2009-02-17

I totally agree with you and the advise I received from this shrink just shows me that he is a total quack!

Don' t listen to him at all. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a relationship with someone that appreciates you and wants to spoil you. You just want to feel loved.

Nothing wrong with old-fashioned courting of men holding doors open, bringing flowers or wine around. Surprising their loved one with a special token, like a pie and coke for lunch at their work....the little things do count Mr Cybershrink!

Reply to Fem