Question
Posted by: sad | 2010-04-23

just....sad

Is it a sin to give up? I feel so guilty, I know they say God wouldn''t give you any kind of load that you wouldn''t be able to handle, BUT my particular package (not even very heavy compared to loads of other suffering people in this world) feels too much for me. Am I just a weak hedonistic person for not coping with my life as it is? Every little thing feels like too much. And during the winter even the smallest bump seems like a MASSIVE mountain due to the ever-present cold that pervades every atom of one''s being. I know thousands are living HAPPILY in much worse circumstances than I have to deal with, yet I am not happy. I AM grateful for a lot of people in my life, however, and for the way in which they try to help me feel better about myself and my life. Therefore suicide is NOT an option. It would traumatise these loved ones just too much. It''s not even close to fair. That is the only reason. I cannot see myself ever having a normal life. I know happiness shouldn''t be the goal, one should rather strive for a purposeful life, but is the only purpose of my life to protect my family from the horror of a daughter/sister''s gory suicide???? Is it worth it? Wouldn''t they just get over the " shock"  (questionable in itself, they know I feel sad sometimes) and with some good counselling, get over the feelings of guilt and regret in time??? And then the other thing, is suicide an unforgivable sin in the eyes of God??? But then, so is giving up on the life given to you in ANY way, I guess, whether you jump in front of the train or not.

(Please don''t tell me to phone lifeline, there''s nothing they would be able to say to me to make me feel better about myself, they don''t know me AT ALL.)

It helped to type it all out though, not in a major way, just microscopically.
So thanks for listening.

You have no need to give up, and don't deserve to give up. Stick it out, and one day you'll find this is all over and your new life has begun, right here.
Sounds like there's a real Depression there, which typically amplifies our sense of guilt, even inappropriate guilt.
DO, please, see a good local specialist psychiatrist ( you deserve nothing less ) for a full assessment ( and be entirely frank with him about how you have been feeling ) and a discussion of treatment options. It isn't necessary for you to continue to feel this bad, and with proper treatment you could be feling far better and finding happier aspects to life

7
Posted by: Sphelele | 2010-04-23

God gave us this wonderful gift Life. Yes it is full of ups and downs but that doesn''t mean we must give up. In Proverbs 24:16 The Righteous one may fall even seven times, and he will certainly get up. Put your Faith in the Lord as He say''s I will not give up on you even when they say it''s all finished with you but it''s not untill He says so. There''s nothing greater than praying take it all to the Lord He will show the way. In Proverbs3:6 Seek His will in all you do and He will direct your paths. Your being in this world it was His plan as He has great plans for you so please do not give up. Life is precious and the Gift from God. It''s not easy but i do believe that you are stronger than taking your life away. Think about your love ones. All the best...

Reply to Sphelele
Posted by: jane | 2010-04-23

i know someone that feels exactly the same and thiers no advise i can given u,all i can say is try to make it through the days one day at a time

Reply to jane
Posted by: jane | 2010-04-23

Reply to jane
Posted by: alison | 2010-04-23

go for walks in the sun and buy yourself an upbeat new cd!

Reply to alison
Posted by: man | 2010-04-23

i''m divorced....for 4 years i was suffering :( one morning stand up and said to myself f uck this world i want to be happy again!!!met a woman and she is wonderful!!!!i''m happy again no meds just me and my lord on my side....man i feel good!!!!!

Reply to man
Posted by: mn | 2010-04-23

Reply to mn