Posted by: Anon | 2010-09-28

Just wondering

Hi there, I am a 33 year old woman. I do Taebo twice a day for 30 min (5 days). My legs, knees and ankles have recently started aching when I am sitting or lying down. It only happens when I am inactive. Could this be due to the exercises? I have been exercising the last two years, but we have recently moved. The surface I know exercise on is different, could this have anything to do with it? I take Calcium supplements, and found that if I skip taking it, it gets worse. I do not really consume dairy since I am lactose intollerent, but have started consuming more since it helps my muscles recover faster from the exercises. We also know have stairs in our home, so I am afraid that my knees might also become problematic. What could be the cause, since it only started after we have moved?

Expert ImageOsteopath

It is very7 likely that your aches vare due to the exercise. In particular the frequency of the exercise. Your body needs exercise followed by sufficient time to rest in order to repair itself and then grow after each session. If the surface you are trainining on is different you need to either allow time for your body to adapt to this surface or if the sirface is inappropriate change it. I would advise yo to consult an osteopath for your musculoskeletal pains and if you need advice with your supplementation consult with a clinical nutritionist.