Question
Posted by: Micky | 2010/12/19

Just TIRED

Hi there,I''m a 25year old female and have been diagnosed by my psychiatrist with " extreme mood disorder" & mdash something like bipolar but not quite. Anyway,I have been in and out of hospital since 4years ago,attempted suicide twice (landed up in ICU) and have been on different types of meds since this all started. You see my problem is, everytime I start feeling okay, I secretly stop taking my meds then I''m on this extreme high for weeks and feel completely untouchable! Then I start abusing substances like drugs and alcohol. Only when I have mentally come to a stop,then I realise how much I''m messing up myself,mind and soul..then I end up in the situation I''m currently in again. I''m left with these feelings of hate towards myself..feeling useless,pointless, like my soul was stolen from me. There''s no point to this anymore& mdash this time I realy just wanna call it quits and leave this planet..there''s nothing 4 me here anymore. I''m tryin to hang on though,I didn''t go see my doc but he wrote a new script for me to start treatment again and sent it to my pharmacy. So the thing is, I''m at that place again..that place where its nothing but a deep,black,empty hole, and for the life of me,I just can''t seem to get out. I''m tired of burdening people with the same stupid story all the time..I''m trying my last resort.even with all these people around....I''m really lonely,extremely lonely inside and I just need any guidence you may have... Hope I hear from you... Micky

OK. "Extreme mood disorder" is not an oficially recognized diagnosis, and I'm not at all sure what it means. However, it sounds as though you realize what is going wrong - when you are on meds whioch actually help, you have been sabotaging yourself by stopping them far too early - NEVER stop meds ( except in an emergency ) without the advice of your shrink.
This is something you need to discuss with your shrink.
What you need to call quits to, is not existience itself, but this unwise habit of stopping useful meds when you most need them. It's like having a broken leg, and cutting off the plaster just when the bone is starting to heal.
You KNOW the meds CAN help - get them, take them properly in the right way and at the right dose, and STAY on them for as long as necessary, and on the advice of your doc. This WILL get you out of the bad place you have reached - the new goal, once you're out of that, is to work out a more reasonable way of staying out of the dark places. You can do it. Just keep working on it, as you deserve to be as well as you can get

2
Posted by: bongo | 2010/12/20

So whats the overriding message here do you think?

TAKE YOUR MEDICATION maybe?

Reply to bongo