Question
Posted by: tumza | 2008/10/08

Just started with my diet.Will it work?

Breakfast: I had an apple before 8am and the a cup of Kellogg’ s special K with 2% low fat milk
This is my lunch for today. It contains ½  a cup cucumber, ¼  cup of lettuce, ½  cup spaghetti, ½  of 1 round herb feta cheese and to give it taste I poured about 5ml of the Nandos pepper sauce.
Supper: I don’ t eat supper as I get home late and dinner is only ready an hour before my bedtime.
I’ m 28 years of age and have 2 children. I’ m trying to get to weigh 55kg from approximately 75kg if not more. I am currently taking Duromine to suppress hunger but I still believe I need to eat a little something. What is your verdict?

Dear Tumza
The diet you describe is not balanced because you skip one of your meals, it does not contain sufficient milk and dairy products to provide you with the calcium you require (1200 mg per day), it is low in iron which can lead to anaemia, etc, etc. Please click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre balanced slimming diet that will prevent you from developing cravings, but still cause steady weightloss. Keep in mind that by doing regular exercise for at least 30 min a day you will improve your weightloss.

2
Posted by: Tumza | 2008/10/08

Hi Love to eat,

Thanks for your advise. It' s been only 3 days since I started with Duromine.

Reply to Tumza
Posted by: Love to eat | 2008/10/08

Hi Tumza,

I have also just started the Duromine and the cravings have definitely stopped. I think what you are eating for breakfast and lunch is great, why not have a little protein and veg or salad at supper time? No carbs as its late for digestion.

How long have you been on Duromine? Any side effects?

Reply to Love to eat