Question
Posted by: Bronwyn | 2009/09/09

Just not losing weight!

I' m seriously at my witts end!
I put on a lot of weight in the last year 10kg to be exact. I moved to a new town and spend 90 percent of my day either in my car, behind my desk at work, or studying at my desk at home.
I' m 1.7m tall and weight 82kg. I' m a size 14/38.
I used to eat a packet of chips or chocolate every single day - as well as a muffin for breakfast, toasted sandwiches, etc.
Now I have bran in the morning. Lunch is usually a sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese or avocado or ham. Morning snack is fruit salad (about a cup) and dinner can either be spaghetti bolognaise, chicken stir fry, stews and casseroles, ovenbake fish and ovenbake chips, sometimes I have salad with sometimes i don' t. I' m not a huge salad person, but I' ll eat it if I have to. My alcohol intake is very varied. Sometimes I' ll only have a glass or two the whole week. Otherweeks I might have nothing the whole week and then we' ll go out on a Saturday and then about6 or 7 drinks in one night. We eat out about once a week. Usually a burger or a pizza. And I do eat chips/snacks on the weekends.
I' ve lost 2kg! and thats it. I' m exercising 2 to 3 times a week for 30 minutes in the gym (weights and cardio). I suppose I should just be happy I' m not putting on weight anymore. But I would really like to lose the rest of this weight.
Am I just meant to be 100% good ALL of the time? Am I never ever going to be able to go out for supper and drinks? Do I just need to up my game? I' m a student - I can' t afford personal trainers or dieticians. Whats the solution?

Dear Bronwyn
You don't mention how long you have been eating slightly less and doing a moderate amount of exercise? Until you reduce your energy intake down to about 6300 kJ a day (every day) and do 30 min of aerobic exercise (cardio) for 30 min a day or 60 min every second day, you can't really expect to lose more than 0,5 kg per week. You can go out to supper when you are on a slimming diet but you will need to select low-fat foods like grilled fish with salads instead of burgers and chips and not drink alcohol or only one drink an outing (alcohol has a high energy content of 29 kJ per gram, second only to fat which contains 37 kJ per gram). If you stop eating chips and snacks over the weekend you will also not undo all the 'good' of the week! For your own sake stick to an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) and do daily exercise otherwise you will get even more frustrated.
It will be worth it when you lose those 10 kg and have a normal BMI of 25.

17
Posted by: MM | 2009/09/10

Hi, don t know if you started with weigh-less or anything else yet.

I SOOO identifiy with you, it' s not funny. But since I found THE ANSWER to my problems, I' ve decided to make it my mission to share with others...

DR. Cohen' s First personal Diet. It is AMAZING!!! No pills, injections or anything artificial. They take a blood test and DESIGN A PLAN FOR YOU!

When I started I had 18kg to lose, during 1st 4 weeks I lost 8. I' m now at 10 weeks and have lost a whopping 14kg &  85cm!!!

I' ve never felt better or healthier. In fact I had to go for a check up this morning, did a urine test and the Dr asked me if I maybe used tap water, it s so clean!!!

DO yourself a favour, visit a blog where many women currently on the program talk about their highs and lows. There' s also photos of successes and people who are transforming whilst on the plan Go to elizebotes.co.za look at the last link on the right " Cohen"  and just browse...

I' ve tried EVERYTHING, spent HOURS in the gym, ate what I thought was right, and never dropped more than 2/3 kg' s.

All the best and good luck with your journey!!!

Reply to MM

Ok guys im done faxing sorry. Its getting expensive, i might as well pay for all of you to join, might be cheaper :)

Posted by: CMW | 2009/09/10

Can you please please also send me the weightloss programme?
My fax is 086 611 5597. Thanx

Reply to CMW
Posted by: MIM | 2009/09/10

HI
I AM 27YRS OLD LADY AND WEIGH 95 KG I AM 1.62 TALL
PL SEND THE WIGHLESS PROGRAM MAYBE I CAN HELP ME 086 590 1059

Reply to MIM
Posted by: Bronwyn | 2009/09/10

Thank you so much for your advice.
I think my weekends are haing a bigger effect on my weight loss than I anticipated. Oh well - guess the benefits will be worth it! Never realised alcohol was so fattening! Thanks again

Reply to Bronwyn
Posted by: Bronwyn | 2009/09/10

Thank you so much for your advice.

Reply to Bronwyn

I have the same problem that is why i have no shame in giving out the info for free. why should people suffer just because they cant afford the fees?

Posted by: Bronwyn | 2009/09/09

Anon - that would be great. I never tried weigh less before because of the cost involved. And like I said - I' m a student. Every cent goes to UNISA :)
My fax number 086 566 4450.

Reply to Bronwyn

ha ha ha i should start charging! ok will fax to you too

Posted by: Dená  | 2009/09/09

Please fax it to me also
051-4081992

Thanx

Reply to Den&#225 
Posted by: anon | 2009/09/09

Please could you fax to me as well on 039 7271551. Thanks!

Reply to anon

hi guys,

i dont have my file with me today but i will definately fax to you tomorrow. if anyone else wants it please let me know

Posted by: Xox | 2009/09/09

Mine is 086 683 8372 thank you very much

Reply to Xox
Posted by: Anon 2 | 2009/09/09

Hi Anon, Could you please, please send it to me, I have the same problem as bronwyn and i am 1,7m tall and weight 80kg. My fax number is 021 9109043. Thank you

Reply to Anon 2

i will need a fax number to fax it to you?

Posted by: xox | 2009/09/09

Hi Anon, please could you send the weighless program, personally I am very interested. Thank you very much

Reply to xox
Posted by: anon | 2009/09/09

if you want to try something new i can send you the weighless program?

Reply to anon