Posted by: Rox | 2009-07-06

Just my view

A friend &  i were arguing the point of children depending on their parents. My sisterinlaw is 22, she has a good job that pays well, she is arrogant &  just a pain to be around, much of her missery is caused by her actions that bring in the consequences. She lives at parents house &  im sure u can agree with me that she is not 12, she is an adult. She was asked to contribute to the house for food, power &  the telephone bill. I agree that it is right for her parents to do that, they are all working class pple &  when i was 19 &  had a job my mum asked me to contribute also which i was upset about at the time but realize now that she only thought me responsibility to 1 day stand on my own feet which im doing now &  that little that i gave helped for me watching TV, doing my hair, eating, bathing, doing my washing etc. But my friend disagrees &  wants to make my mum inlaw bad bcoz they doing that. She is 22 &  she is very rude &  disrespectful &  expects her parents to do all while she enjoys her money on parties &  booz.Am i wrong in the way i think? bcoz my friend is now looking down on my inlaws who are wonderful pple who just want to teach their children responsibility to face the world. Im married &  i saw life the 1st time we bought stuff &  started our life &  we knew what it would be like bcoz i was thought that everything u want in life has a price, nothing comes for free &  its not right to use ur old parents to do ur dirty work while u waste ur money on worthless things

At 22 with a well-paying job, she doesn't HAVE to stay at home, and should not do so if that makes her or anyone else, unhappy. Beyond any possible doubt her parents were right to ask her, indeed to insist that she, pays towards all the costs of the home. and should use a cell-phone and pay for her own phonecalls. Your 22 year-old friend shounds cocky and selfish and greedy, and is preying on her parents, while wasting her own money on partying which they probably have never been able to afford, their whole lives. Her parenrts should give her a month's notice to move out and pay for herself. When she has to choose between having the lights on and going to a party, she can make her own choices, and has no right to expect her parents to continue to sacrifice to sponsor her selfishness

Posted by: Lady man | 2009-07-06

I can only say I agree 100% with CS. At the moment my daughter is paying rent for her room every month and she also contribute towards the petrol bill, and if she wants to do extra trips with the car she again gives money for petrol because thats is the correct way. She is only 19. She also pay for her own clothes and the things woman needs every month.

I think your friend is selfish.

Reply to Lady man