Question
Posted by: Jess | 2008/10/22

Just Jealous

I have a great boyfriend, we have always been open with each other &  are always each others shoulder to cry on &  pillar of strength. Recently one of his sisters is turning into a real bi*ch. I get along perfect with the other 1 but the older 1 just drives me up the wall. Im not a superfine hot babe, im natural &  down to earth. I used to be very fit &  had a good built but after some depression phases i lost +-10kgs. Im now at 54kgs. The problem is that she keeps picking on me being thin, no1 else does this except her &  she doesnt joke around she cane be cold in a sweet way. Many times she has called me anorexic, thin, flat &  she says i look like i dont get food to eat which is very irritating coz i have a fast metabolism &  trust me i can eat alot but unlike her im not lazy, fat &  dull looking but i feel like its a jealousy issue? &  i sometimes feel like i cant talk to my bf about it coz he gets irritated.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Jess,

something to consider here which may be difficult at first is to ignore her when she makes these kinds of commnents. When she says these things if she is met by no response at all, yes it can create an awkward silence, but why should you have to explain yourself to her? Also why let her create tensions between you and your bf? She may be his sister but if the two of you have chosen to be together she cannot get between you unless you let her.

Try ignoring completely when she makes these kinds of comments and see how it goes. Feel free to come back and add another question if you are still struggling.

1
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/11/14

Depending on how tall you are, 54 is a great weight to be. She may just be jealous. I went through weight loss and my cousens said I was too thin...it was jealousy talking.

Reply to almost mad