Question
Posted by: Arisha | 2008/10/14

Just found out Im pregnant for the first

Good Afternoon Ladies

Im pregnant , finally!. Did test this morning.I do not have medical aid, pls can someone assist.My hubby and I were thinking of taking Fed health,pls can someone help out with what option is the best.
And Im about a month pregnant, what should I do next with regards to seeing the doctor, which foods to eat and avoid.
Thanks Ladies, have a good afternoon

Ask the Medical Aid expert whether there are any medical aids that take on pregnant women. You cann see your GP in the mean time to confirm the pregnancy. Foods to be avoided are raw foods like sushi and, of course, alcohol.

6
Posted by: jamie | 2009/03/17

hi, my mother has ovarian cancer in both her ovaries and needs a hysterectomy. where is the best local hospital or private clinic to have the surgery done and how much would it approximately cost? i would also like to know if there will be any problems being accepted for the surgery since she has no medical aid and its an existing condition?

thank you in advance

Reply to jamie
Posted by: stormy | 2008/10/15

i was 6 weeks wen i went on pro sano medical aid find out from them as well the are expensive thou.unfortunely i had a miscarriage at 10 weeks but im still paying the medical aid due to a contract you have to sign. and you have to be working to join pro sano

Reply to stormy
Posted by: I hope it helps | 2008/10/15

Hi Arisha

Congratulations. when I got pregnant my partner tried to put in a medical aid but they had stories then my gynae told me about this place called Folateng which is a private maternity ward in government Hospitals and they give the best care ever. I kow its in Pretoria West and Helen Joseph Hospitals but Im not sure were else but just check on the Internet and you' ll find out which other hospitals you can fiind them at.

The best part is that you can bring your own gynae or they can offer you one at a fee which is low. I stayed there from Monday till Wednesday and paid only R3000 for everything and R3300 for my Dr which is cheap compared to private hospitals.

Reply to I hope it helps
Posted by: LA | 2008/10/14

with me too...when i found out i was preggies i was 4 mnths on my medical aid and they wouldn' t cover me either, they said i had to be 18 months on the medical aid for me to be covered, so i had to pay cash for everything and its very expensive !!.... so i would say look at all your different options regarding medical!

i hope that helpd

Congrats and good luck to you !!

Reply to LA
Posted by: A | 2008/10/14

Congrats.

Not to put a downer on your excitement, but as far as I know, if you are pregnant already, a med aid wont cover you for your pregnancy.

I could be wrong but I had a mate in the same situation just a few months ago and she wasnt covered.

Just something to look in to...

Reply to A
Posted by: Powerpuff | 2008/10/14

Hi Arisha

You can chat with the ladies on the pregnancy forum. You will find that on the left hand side of this page.

Reply to Powerpuff