Question
Posted by: Jacky | 2010-05-14

Just don''t understand

I had a boyfriend for about two months. We were very much in love and he said I was the one he wants to marry. He also introduced me to his family.
His work circimstances changed which means that he will be away from home (works in a different town) most of the time, 7 days a week, which means that we will not really have time to spend together. Although he is seeking other employment with better circumstances.
He broke up with me, with the reason that the current circumstances is not fair to me. What I don''t understand is why go to such extreme, after he told me over and over how much he loved me and even asked me to never leave him. We still have contact from time to time, he phones me, but sticks by his decision. How does a man''s mind work?

2 months is rather a short time in which to be deciding about marriage. It sounds as though he does tend to do things to extremes - a very quick decision to talk of marriage, then a switch to more distant work and a decision to try to work back at home, then a deision that this is unfair to you so end the relationship. Its not an issue of "a man's mind" but THIS man's mind, and it sounds as though he needs to get more mature and stable before being eligible as a long-term partner

1