Posted by: PeterG | 2008-12-19

Just ate 50 raw oysters

I have just been to a function where I ate a 225gm yellowfin tuna steak followed by 50 oysters. All of these dishes were freshly caught and eaten raw without being heated or cooked in any way. What are the possible consequences? I feel right as rain but my wife is concerned as I have just experienced a single dose of liquid diareah. No cramps, no nausea or any other indication of poisoning or other ill feeling.
Peter - Cape Town

Dear Peter

Thank you for visiting I apologise for the delayed reply.

I do not think that you should be too concerned. Hopefully the only symptoms you will experience from your over indulgence, will be slight gastric irritation, maybe some cramping, followed by loose stools.

Kind regards

Posted by: Zexeon | 2008-12-20

Maybe you ate to rich food and it upset your stomach hopefully your not allergic to iodine? yuk, it must be slimmy eating it so raw, obviously you enjoyed it els you wouldn' t have eaten it?

Reply to Zexeon