Question
Posted by: tankiso | 2011/05/26

just a question

My sister was told to resign from her work she said they told her she was caught steelin on camera but when she ask to be shawn the camera they refused can you give me a light don''t understand

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Just a question

It is clear that your sister does not need to resign if she doesn't feel that it is fair.

3
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/05/31

re: Just a question

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Romany | 2011/05/30

Your sister must not resign. In fact she should put a grievance in against the person that told her to resign for accusing her of stealing, if she is innocent.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Boetie | 2011/05/29

If she is innocent then she must NOT resign. It is then up to the co. to prove that she was stealing. If they cannot produce the evidence then they can do nothing to her. Remember that if she resigns then she forfeights all her rights, including her right to unemployment. They must either have a disciplinary hearing, providing all the evidence, or the must lay a formal charge of theft against her. If the co. are not prepared to do either of these then there is nothing they can do to her. She must just stand her ground. Many years ago I told a boss " If U want me out of here U must fire me"  They backed down when they saw that I would not budge.

Reply to Boetie