Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2008/08/26

Just a question

Can u ever tell if someone is telling a lie?
body language,eyes, expressions etc.?
Also looking at ur reply to someones problem why is it that we do not believe ppl when they tell us things or have tha doubt.
Is the correct way of going about things to believe what ppl say and only when u have proof that they not being honest then have doubt in the things they say?

I just find that today ppl lie about anything and everything they can get away with.Is it only me am i maybe just paranoid...

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. SOme people are lousy liars and even your goldfish can tell when they're lying. Some are very good at it and can fool anyone. Some folks, like an old friend of mine in the USA Paul Ekman, have written whole books on how to recognize signs of lying. Not everyone agrees with his views. I think it's like the so-called Lie Detector tests --- they are unreliable as they pick up when someone is anxious / aroused by lying --- when the person is cool about lying, or believes the lie they are telling, it is not picked up.
Going through life, its not wise to assume that everyone is always telling the truth, nor to assume that everyone is lying. Where the issue is of high importance and risk to you, and the person is motivated to lie, it may be wise to be cautious, and check out for validation of what they say. When the matter is trivial, it's not worth the sweat